Email Activation

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lawedan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Email Activation

Post by lawedan » 25 Feb 2015, 23:43

Hello! I've been reading both about FutureMUD and LabMUD. I am really excited for this new, fresh and modern approach. But, it seems that email activations are taking quite long. I've tried registering on LabMUD with two different emails and didn't receive the activation email. Here, it took a few hours.

I'm excited about both the engine and LabMUD. I've seen some other boards commenting about this, too.

Japheth
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Email Activation

Post by Japheth » 26 Feb 2015, 23:43

Actually on the FutureMUD board I have the registration settings configured so that an admin has to accept all new signs ups. This is because at some stage the board came under a massive coordinated spammer attack (this was shortly after the latest iteration of reCaptcha was cracked at the end of last year). I haven't had any new spammer sign ups since I changed it to a question rather than a Captcha but I haven't yet changed it back because the board is still getting pretty heavy traffic from attempted spam bots.

I actually took a while to manually approve your sign up because I didn't recognise your username or email and it was vaguely similar to the types of usernames the spammers were using, so I apologise. Once I saw you'd signed up on LabMUD as well I activated you.

LabMUD wasn't supposed to be configured to require admin approval so I'll go and fix that now.

lawedan

Re: Email Activation

Post by lawedan » 27 Feb 2015, 04:48

Thank you, now it is activated!